Monday, April 4, 2016

Sad Face Emoji

bore·dom ˈbôrdəm/noun the state of feeling bored.

The title of this blog is directly analogous to my current state of mind. So last night, we re-filmed all of our dialogue scenes and I wish I could say I loved them. On the bright side, they are usable and the dialogue came out as planned.  We were originally worried that lighting would be an issue, being that we filmed Saturday during the day while our film is set at night.  With the use of a few curtains and the lack of sunlight in the room we picked, we were able to create the illusion that is was, in fact,  nighttime.  Another potential issue we had thought of was the acting.  Our last filming fiasco left us with a deep-rooted of, well, bad acting. Luckily, our new actress embodied the character of Lindsay perfectly, being that she was not too far out of her comfort zone; sassy and go-with-the-flow (is there a proper adjective for that? who knows my brain is beyond fried right now). The bigger issue, however, is that the scenes just seem unimportant and, well, boring.  Unable to figure out methods to incorporate movement into the shots, not a lot of variety is prevalent.  The camera movement/angles are limited to pans and two-person shots, making the scenes extremely dry and BORING. Cheyenne and I are super stressed out and don't really know if we will have enough time to re-film, and even if we did, we don't know how we would add some excitement to the scenes.  These scenes are supposed to be juxtaposed with the intense intruder scenes, (and they definitely are the opposite of the riveting intruder scenes) but this needs to be done in a more visually appealing method. The more I watch our film, the less I like it.  Perhaps this is due to my hostile self-criticism. I am going to have some people look it over and give me their honest opinions, but the fact that I do not even want to show people our "final" project is not a very good sign. Needless to say, I am super stressed and fear that my goal of loving our product will not be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment