Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Liger

Fuse {fyooz} verb; to unite or blend into a whole, as if by melting together.

As I mentioned previously, we are indulging in the genre of mystery, regardless of our original desire to go the dramatic, coming of age route.  Although I love our mysterious storyline, I couldn't help but feel I was missing out by not creating a coming of age drama which teens could relate to.  Communicating this to Cheyenne, I discovered she felt the same sense of loss.  After another brainstorming session, we decided to fuse both genres together and create something suspenseful, yet simultaneously inspiring.  We did so by expanding on our already-developed story line by shifting the focus of the plot towards the journey of the students who come together in order to achieve a mutual goal as opposed to the suspenseful aspect of the film.  Unaware of the technicalities involved in fusing genres, I did some research and came across an article that reassured me this hybrid genre would be detrimental, and could alternately result in something unique and intriguing.

sidenote: a liger is a hybrid between a tiger and a lion, thus, the title of this post.


Gant, Charles. "How Mixing and Matching Film Genres Can Pay." The Guardian. Guardian News and Media, 21 Mar. 2009. Web. 15 Mar. 2016.

1 comment:

  1. Yo, Yo, Yo...Yo listen up, I like this. I really like the addition of a word that describes your current situation. Even the titles are creative, I read the entire post thinking the liger would have some involvement in your production process. Little did I realize it’s just another way of saying you guys fused genre. I don’t know how you balance your voice with serious discussions and concerns you have, but it’s amazing and adds such a nice flow to your post. You describe the situation in your project in a very professional way, which is a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete