Monday, March 28, 2016

Make Sure You Lock the Doors


co·or·di·nate  kōˈôrdəˌnāt/ verb bring the different elements of (a complex activity or organization) into a relationship that will ensure efficiency or harmony.

Cheyenne and I met today and we are on the same exact page (thank God). I was a bit worried that we would come across some disagreements regarding the changes we need to make to our film, but we both had the same viewpoints.  Ultimately, we decided to write a substantial script (as opposed to our previous plan of improvising).  Hopefully, we will get this done tonight, leaving us with enough time to re-film.  Honestly, I do feel a bit overwhelmed as the due date is slowly approaching and we are quickly approaching the borderline (ha ha get it). This weekend is my birthday weekend but I am postponing the festivities so that I can work productively on this project and get some effective footage so we can progress to further editing (talk about dedication), 

One of the primary issues we are facing is that we want to refrain from making the dialogue in our scene filler dialogue, but as of right now, this seems to be inevitable.  Ideally, the focus of Borderline should be the intruder; who she is, what she wants, why she wants it, etc.  Our fear is that if we add further dimension to our characters, focus may be shifted from the intruder to the two girls, so our original plan was to make dialogue as limited as possible.  This video gave me a few tips and tricks as far as scripting goes; however, I fear that it may become too cliche and unnatural.  One of the cringe-worthy lines in our original footage was "Yes, I locked all the doors".  Looking back, both Cheyenne and I completely hated ourselves for even including such a horrific line in our film.  Here it is for your amusement: 




"What to Do (& Not Do) When Writing Suspense into Your Screenplay." No Film School. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment