Sunday, March 27, 2016

Thank You Ski Gear !

im·pro·viseˈimprəˌvīz/ verb create and perform (music, drama, or verse) spontaneously or without preparation



Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. What can I say, spring break intervened as I went a full-blown college tour with my family; stressful times.  Anyways, the first day of spring break, an exciting thing occurred.....we filmed!!! In this post, I'll focus on the costume choice and props.  Our film consists of three characters; two friends and an intruder. The appearance of the friends is very typical and ordinary, jeans and a t shirt.  The intruder, however, required a much more layered outfit. Planning to film the day of, my partner and I did not have much time to plan out every single detail.  Several things regarding the technicalities were "winged".  After gathering at my house, the location of our film, we realized that an intruder required more than just a tshirt and jeans.  This realization led us to my winter closet (don't ask me why a native Floridian has a winter closet).  Ski gear filled the hangers as we pulled anything black and intruder-like. After much sifting, our outfit had finally come together; a black ski jacket, black pants, gloves, and, of course, a ski mask.  Gearing into this heavy attire, Maria, our intruder, felt like she was going to pass out due to the excruciating heat Florida didn't fail to provide.
After shooting the outdoor intruder scenes, we realized a prop was missing for the next sequence; a mugshot set.  Chalk tape and a pin board I had came in handy for this process as the wall of my guest room transformed into a jail-like setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment