Thursday, March 30, 2017

Skye Needs A Posse

change [cheynj] verb. to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone:

Ok so I basically altered my idea a bit due to the lack of available male actors, but I think I could work with it. When I lost my original male actor, I searched for an alternate one. Although I did find a couple, it seems like their schedules may be difficult to work with. In order to still be able to work with them, I decided to make the guy's character even less prominent and have the film be about her checking things off of her bucket list by herself. This would be fine to portray in the trailer, but there was one problem: what dialogue would the actual film have? My struggle was that I have consistently wanted the film to focus on Skye and her self-growth. I felt that having a "side-kick" would take away from this focus and may be distracting even. So I figured out a solution!!! I am going to incorporate a multitude of scenes of her checking things off her list with various friends as opposed to just one. This allows her to remain the constant of the film, but still allows for dialogue and interactions. It also solves my actor issue as I would only need each person I use, other than Maria, for one scene as opposed to needing them to visit different locations and spend a lot of time.

Also!! Last Friday, my friends and I did a pre-birthday celebration for me and we went to the Perez Art Museum, one of the places I wanted to film at. I definitely plan to film there and am excited for all of the areas and backdrops I could use :) Here is one of them with my actress....


No comments:

Post a Comment