Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Give Me The Green Light

per-miss-ion [per-mish-uh n] (noun) authorization granted to do something

OK I know I've been a little post crazy lately, but just bare with my madness.

Recently, Lorde released her new song "Green Light". Upon hearing it, I immediately imagined a whole scenario in my mind; cool lights, a free spirit, all the works. After I watched the video, I loved it even more because is was almost exactly how I envisioned it. The chorus of the song and the beat is perfect to represent my character going on adventures and living her life. The song perfectly reflects the type of vibe I want to elicit from Panorama (yes I came up with a name, I'll explain later !!), so I would absolutely love it if I could use this song in at least one of my trailers...


There is just one thing standing in my way... *cue suspenseful music*... yep, you guessed it: copyright permission. Being that the label is none other than Universal Music Group of New Zealand. I had to fill out this whole permission form, so I am just hoping they give me then green light to go ahead and use it (haha Green Light, get it?)

I am currently looking for backup music, though, because I can't get attached to a song and then not be able to use it. Hopefully I find one that elicits the same vibe on a source like freemusicarchive.org.

Ok now real quick, Panorama. I used thesaurus.com to find words that mean perspective or adventure, being that these are the themes of my film.  Will my attachment to one word titles ever stop? Don't know. But anyways, I saw the word panorama and thought it fit perfectly! The idea of widening one's view in the literal and figurative sense is something that is really interesting to me and this idea fits extremely well with my idea!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment