Friday, March 3, 2017

Don't Be Too Angsty



cliché [klee-shey, kli-] noun/ a trite, stereotyped expression; a sentence or phrase, usually expressing a popular or common thought or idea, that has lost originality, ingenuity, and impact by long overuse

OK so I made a Google Docs of course, my life and savior. It basically outline the basis of my production and clarifies the route that I want to take so check that out. :)

Some ideas i really wanna incorporate are the idea of different perspectives on life and what it is meant to be and also the ambiguity of contentment and peace within oneself and how it is achieved. When i think of these ideas, dreams and fears come to mind. I thought it would be cool to show a girl around her early 20s or late teens who has had an ongoing bucket list type of thing throughout her life ,but it doesn't only have things like "oh get a tattoo" or "go skydiving"; it has simpler or even broader things like "make someone smile" or "improve someone’s mindset". The film would show her doing these things and finding herself while doing so.

I think maintaining a balance between realism and idealism is an important thing for me to keep in mind. My biggest fear is getting sucked into the tragic world of cliches and stereotypes because i feel like with my story line it may be easy to do so. One way to prevent that tragedy from occurring is to avoid romance. I may hint at a recent heart break or such in order to provide a reason for the character's desire to live her life, but this would be done in a very minimal way in order to prevent it fro blurring the focus of the film. I may also include a platonic relationship with a guy just to add some depth, but, again, i feel like the focus should just be her and her journey through life along with her her self reflection and all that. Oh and also i feel like i don't really wanna make her an “outcast” or anything and i want her to embody characteristics of both extroverts and introverts as opposed to just leaning towards one end of the spectrum. She will be likable, and not too angsty (blog post title reference) :)






No comments:

Post a Comment